Babban Gona seeks to hire a Procurement Manager.
Manage Babban Gona’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain
- Direct purchasing agents and buyers throughout the process of evaluating suppliers, conducting interviews with vendors, negotiating supplier agreements and managing supplier and vendor contracts.
- Develop procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approve purchase orders and organizing and confirm delivery of goods and services.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Oversee and manage the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Prepare procurement reports.
- Manage domestic and international shipments for both Inbound and Outbound Carriers, to the highest degree of cost-effectiveness and reliability.
- Lead a skilled team to ensure standards of purchase are met – in line with business expectations — effectively assigning projects and monitoring progress of the team.
- Builds, develops, measures and coaches members of the team to develop valuable skills and behaviours to enhance performance. Sets staff goals and objectives and reviews staff semi-annually and annually against individual plans. Develops and executes strategies to meet the training needs and succession plan for the team.
- Update procurement standard operating procedure in compliance with all State and Federal laws, executive orders and guidelines.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within the team to ensure
- Lead continuous Improvement Initiatives to Improve procurement and logistics processes.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage a collaborative and customer-centric work environment among internal and external customers.
- Ensure consistent and accurate management reports and analysis – highlighting relevant trends are available and maintained – to enhance data-driven decision-making within the team.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
This position reports to the Head of Partnerships.
Profound know-how in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation and Compliance
- Leadership experience in logistics, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as technology and Learning organization.
- Ability to analyze information and make quick decisions which is helpful for choosing suppliers, managing costs and choosing quality merchandise.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills: Fluent oral and written English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics (Master’s degree in finance and/or MBA preferred) At least 6 years of senior financial management role with accounting experience
- Ability to relate with people from different backgrounds
- Well informed on the Nigerian Agri-business environment
Start Up Environment
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Babban Gona currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- This role would be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
All interested candidates send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.