Head, Brand Marketing & Corporate Communications
Babban Gona seeks to hire: Head, Brand Marketing & Corporate Communications
Leadership and Management
- Create of a departmental vision that is instilled in all levels of the department, which forms part of the business culture.
- Oversee the business’s online brand marketing campaigns on digital channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, business websites, email, etc.
- Oversee offline brand marketing approaches such as design marketing and hardcopy promotional materials.
- Manage and work with individual teams and ensures consistency and appropriateness of the brand’s messages in the market.
- Responsible for overall creative outputs inclusive of web promotional materials, selection of creative agencies, creative briefings, graphics, photography, etc. across the business.
- Develop and manage the business’s brand strategy as well as corresponding brand elements in order to maximize the brand’s equity.
- Responsible for the creation and placement of advertising that is in support of the business’s and sales team’s initiatives through media planning, creative development, metrics, market research, and vendor management.
- Create of all forms of marketing, for example, interactive marketing, direct marketing campaigns, advertising, sales collateral, press releases, and executive presentations.
- Develop execution plan for thought leadership initiatives, by using a wide range of content in order to build awareness and credibility for business and brand in the market, simultaneously establishing the organization as a thought leader in the market.
- Ensure all branding programs are aligned with the overall business objectives and that they are optimized and relevant to multiple audiences.
- Work closely with other departments such as Sales, Operations, Human Resources, etc. in formulation and delivery of both the offline and online brand marketing elements/strategies. These elements are inclusive but not limited to brand design, partnership marketing, content, public relations, and advertising.
- Manage and integrate the public relations process into all program activities for the purpose of achieving ROI and maximum positive coverage.
- Establish metrics for the purpose of measuring campaign effectiveness against KPI’s. Also establish a process for benchmarking the brand’s performance in order to ensure that campaigns are relevant and competitive.
- Ensure completion of market analyses and monitors the competitive activity in the market as well as conducting gap analyses and financial modeling, which avail the business a competitive advantage and facilitate the realization of new brand marketing opportunities for the business.
- Integrate PR processes in brand marketing campaigns that ensures maximization of ROI.
- Prepare reports on campaign performance for executive management, key stakeholders, and external partners.
- Create and deliver Press releases, media relations content, Executive Bios, Corporate newsletter, speaking proposals and social media content.
- Conduct extensive media outreach
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts, customer reference and investors
- Develop innovative programs to maximise corporate profit and develop value added concept for Babban Gona
- Manage the external surveys that evaluate the attitudes, opinions and aspirations of the stakeholders and partners.
- Work with management to develop internal communications programmes and processes required to support organisational change and employee engagement initiative.
- Represent Babban Gona to stakeholders, interested parties, and the public.
- Serve as Babban Gona’s spokesperson to the media and the general public.
- Develop and distribute materials that may explain or convey the company’s policies or position on issues.
- Issue press releases, arrange interviews, and compile press kits.
- Distribute executive messages, prepare presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings to share information.
- Develop print materials and branding strategies for employee use.
This position reports to the Head of Partnerships.
Proven experience in communications and brand marketing
- At least 5 years working experience in a marketing capacity, conducting online marketing, digital design, website management, paid marketing, or preferably brand marketing at a managerial capacity in a fast-paced and extremely competitive environment.
- Successful experience in launching and driving brand marketing campaigns that have built momentum for a brand’s awareness and consumer acquisition.
- Proven experience in communications and brand marketing
- Successful experience building brand and passion in a complex and highly competitive market.
- Proven track record in delivering sustainable improvements in marketing campaigns’ ROI.
- Has exceptional communication skills both in verbal and written form.
- Able to convey information and instructions in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Able to tailor complex messages for different audience in a relatable and understandable manner.
- Able to formulate and present actionable insight from analysis of research data.
- Able to develop consumer and market information and insights through analysis of raw information and data leading to informed decision making and ultimately, increased sales volume, enhanced consumer acquisition and retention, and profit-per-unit.
- Must be enthusiastic, consumer-oriented, with a passion for delivering meaningful social impact and simultaneously generating income for the business
- Have excellent problem solving skills, possess an ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Be self-motivated and proactive, have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, always keeping up with market trends.
Start Up Environment
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Babban Gona currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- This role would be based in Lagos.
All interested candidates send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.