Babban Gona (“Great Farm”) is a rapidly scaling social enterprise, with a mission to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job creation engine for unemployed youth. We are seeking a self-starting, passionate individual to fill the position of a Finance Associate.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Report: Head of Corporate Finance or Finance Operations
• Location: Lagos, Nigeria
• Suggested start date: Immediately
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Excellent communication skills: Fluent oral and written English.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics (Master’s degree in finance
and/or MBA preferred)
• At least 6 years of senior financial management role with accounting experience
• Should have an understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
• Proficient in Excel Spreadsheets, MS Office and Financial Software applications
• Bear strong analytical skills
• Positive attitude towards work and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to relate with people from different backgrounds
• Well informed on the Nigerian Agri-business environment
• Managing organizational planning and budget development, with the CEO
• Develop schedule for investment transactions and analyze efficiency of same.
• Monitor effective reconciliation of all data and sales reports.
• Organizing operational data to determine costs of operations and establish standard costs.
• Analyze trends, revenues and financial commitment to project future revenues and expenses.
• Maintain cost analysis process, implement financial policies, provide forecast analysis to management.
• Provide creative solutions to reduce costs and improve financial performance
• Conduct financial processes and procedures, prepare reports and supporting documents and provide
regular updates to Finance Team.
• Consult with the finance team to guide and influence long term strategic thinking
• Review monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly and work with the finance
team to make any necessary reclassification.
• Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal
controls, and apply them.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
All interested candidates send resume and cover letter to [email protected]