Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Babban Gona seeks to hire an experienced and highly qualified Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with a proven track record of leading and managing technology teams within medium-sized or large dynamic organizations. The selected individual is expected to lead our core IT teams of Software Development, Product Management, Data Science & Analytics, Business Intelligence and IT Security & Infrastructure. S/he will own the strategic plan for Technology development, deployment and management. The individual will also drive the creation and lead execution of a strategic technology roadmap across all parts of the business. The CTO is a key contributor to BG’s planning process responsible for both IT operations and digital /product innovation. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CTO will also be responsible for all technology systems and processes as well as for recruiting and developing high performing teams.
- As a member of the senior management team, make a key contribution to the formulation of the company’s business and technology strategies.
- Proactively advise the senior management team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to the company’s goals and evolving needs.
- Help determine investment parameters, priorities and risks for company-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Oversee all operations including but not limited to Engineering, Product Innovation, Data Science, Security & Infrastructure and Business Intelligence.
- Develop and lead a collaborative and agile software development approach that improves velocity, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring IT impact on the business
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Identify emerging technology trends and ensure the company is leveraging them when appropriate to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologiesLeadership and Team Development
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with company business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Develop and execute an analytics program that will allow company business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Hire, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects within agreed deadlines.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions
- Partner with business leaders to create robust solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations.
- Lead and manage the Software Development and IT teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of our users.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure, while supporting the product teams to meet current and future user needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics or any other related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development, Product and Engineering-related roles.
- An advanced degree in a technology or analytics-related field is highly desirable
- Experience with and thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities
- Highly analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills and strong business acumen.
- Strong software development, project management, process development and resource management expertise.
- Experience developing and supporting mission-critical applications and complex business technology solutions.
- Deep expertise employing SDLC methodologies including agile and scrum
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with an ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate, driven individual who achieves results through teamwork and collaborative approaches.
- An entrepreneurial mindset coupled with a customer-service orientation.
TO LEARN MORE
- Watch our video on TED: How farming could employ Africa’s young workforce — and help build peace
- Learn more through our Skoll Award: Skoll Awards For Social Entrepreneurship.
- Read about us on Forbes: 2019’s Top 5 Most Innovative And Impactful Social Enterprises
- Read about us in the Financial Times: Nigeria’s ‘great farm’ model bears fruit in time of high insecurity
- Read about us in The Wall Street Journal: Making Farming More Profitable—and Thwarting Boko Haram
TO APPLY: Send CV /resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with subject line: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)