Associate, Human Resources
Babban Gona seeks to hire a Human Resources Associate.
Manage Babban Gona’s Onboarding and Mentoring Programs
- Develop and execute a world-class onboarding program for new hires
- Develop and manage mentorship programs and monitor mentoring cycle end-to-end
- Plan and implement succession planning process for high potential employees
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Assist with budget monitoring, payroll and other adhoc HR projects.
- Maintain digital copies of employees’ records.
- Undertake tasks around talent and performance management
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
This position reports to the Head of Human Resources.
Profound know-how in Learning & Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, English, Communications, Education, or a related discipline (Master’s degree and /or Project Management Certification is preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources Generalist or Specialist role.
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and HR Information systems
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly tech-savvy with capability in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Professional certification in HR (e.g SHRM-CP, PHRi) is a plus
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Babban Gona currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- This role would be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
All interested candidates send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.