Head of Operations: Rural Wholesale and Dealer Networks
Babban Gona is seeking a passionate, inspiring, and results-oriented leader to assume the role of Head of Operations, Rural Wholesale and Dealer Networks. We are seeking someone to grow our Rural Wholesale and Dealer Networks (internally termed Last Mile Trade Channel) division. We are looking for those that have a passion for agriculture and desire to impact lives. The ideal candidate must be able to provide direction, to set an example, to motivate and inspire, to build relationships and trust, to train and teach the team, to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds; and have experience of working in wholesale and retail networks. You must be a proven leader able to motivate and lead the team to accomplish goals.
- Title: Head of Operations, Rural Wholesale and Dealer Networks
- Report: Head of the Business Unit
- Location: Zaria, Nigeria
- Suggested start date: Immediately
- Lead efforts in financing smallholder farmers.
- Lead efforts in managing rural wholesale and retail networks (~1800 individuals).
- Manage the buying and selling of FMCG products.
- Understand market and price dynamics.
- Able to set and meet deadlines and set targets.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field (Master’s degree in finance and/or MBA preferred).
- 3-5 years of experience of working; preferably in a seed company or other agricultural company that works with outgrowers to produce cereal seeds/grains.
- Leadership ability to guide and get results from a team.
- Experience leading a team of farmers the financial and fundraising activities of a social entrepreneurship.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive. Both compensation and benefits are negotiable, based on the candidate’s prior experience.
Send CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] Subject line: Head of Operations, Rural Wholesale and Dealer Networks.