Head of Operations: Farmer Out-Grower Network
Babban Gona is seeking a passionate, inspiring, and results-oriented leader to assume the role of Head of Operations, Farmer Out-grower Network. We are seeking someone to grow our Farmer Out-grower Network (internally termed Small Holder Partnership) division. We are looking for those that have a passion for agriculture and desire to impact lives. The ideal candidate must be able to provide direction, to set an example, to motivate and inspire, to build relationships and trust, to train and teach the team, to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds; and have a broad knowledge of farming. You must be a proven leader able to motivate and lead employees to accomplish goals. Most importantly, we are looking for those that understand how to work through other smallholder farmers to effectively optimize yields and financial return on a rice and or maize farm.
- Title: Head of Operations, Farmer Out-grower Network
- Report: Head of the Business Unit
- Location: Zaria, Nigeria
- Suggested start date: Immediately
- Lead efforts in actively recruiting and managing smallholder farmers and field officers.
- Lead efforts in assisting the smallholder farmers to achieve best outcomes by monitoring their process.
- Supervise all phases of production, including but not limited to recruitment of smallholders, field preparation and application of farming inputs, field monitoring, harvesting and collection of input financing loans provided to smallholders.
- Supervise general farm operations and production (e.g. direct harvest operations, monitor and apply quality of crops, pesticides, fertilizers, and other chemicals used on product).
- Maintain good agricultural practices and adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Provide regular updates to the head of the business unit on the progress.
- Lead efforts to complete field analysis and management reports.
- Work with other team leads to ensure optimal results, as well as other duties that may be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience of working; preferably in a seed company or other agricultural company that works with outgrowers to produce cereal seeds/grains.
- Leadership ability to guide and get results from a team.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to directly work with farmers and field agents to achieve optimal outcome.
- Experience leading a team of farmers the financial and fundraising activities of a social entrepreneurship.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds
Compensation is competitive. Both compensation and benefits are negotiable, based on the candidate’s prior experience.
Send CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] Subject line: Head of Operations, Farmer Out-grower Network.